Most items manufactured are made to measure and to order.
Please register on the site and complete the measurement area in your account before submitting your order.
Please find below a measurements guide.
- Height -> this is your full height from head to toe in normal shoes e.g. 5’8”.
- Chest/Bust -> fullest chest/bust measurement (we do not accept bra sizes for ladies) taken with arms relaxed by your sides (not including your arms)
- Waist -> your natural waist measurement around the tummy, not the trouser waist.
- Hip (ladies only) -> measured around your widest point.
- Highest shoulder point to waist -> this is measured from the large bone at the nape of the neck to the natural waist line.
- Full front length -> measured from the hollow in the throat (below Adam’s apple in a gentleman) to 2 inches above the floor.
- Full back length from highest shoulder -> this is measured from the bone at the nape of the neck to 2 inches above the floor.
- Shoulder -> taken from the edge of the collar to the edge of the shoulder (where the sleeve would join the body of a suit jacket/similar)
- Sleeve -> not actually measured fully straight, the arm needs to be hanging relaxed by your side. We take the tape measure from the shoulder point, around the contour of the elbow, to the wrist bone.
- Half back -> measured from the centre of the back (on the spine about 4” below the nape of your neck) to the edge of the shoulder blade. Not from shoulder to shoulder.
- Collar size -> Measured around the lowest part of the neck.
We ask that you take body measurements over normal clothes whilst wearing your normal shoes - and please do not add anything on to these measurements, as our garment patterns include a tolerance for movement. We also ask that these measurements are taken with a fabric tape measure rather than a metal/builders rule as these do not go around the contours of the body.
Please refer to the descriptions on this sheet when taking your measurements. We hope they will fully explain all the measurements we need before making your garments. If you are unsure about any of the aforementioned measurements please get in touch with us by email or telephone and we will be happy to talk you through them.